Trying to stop pumping...

I will be getting married in July and want my boobs to go back to a somewhat normal size, so I am working on stopping pumping. Does anyone have any advice on how to quit?

kristina.de

Asked by kristina.de at 12:44 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do you want to stop feeding in general? Because if so, depending on how long you've been nursing it can be a long & sometimes painful process. If not, your body will know how much to make based on demand. Wait until you get full, then,pump completely. Do this with less & less frequency each time to lower milk production.
    EdwinsMommy

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 12:47 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Go a little longer between pumping sessions, or don't pump as long, or just cut out a session a day for a few days, then another for a few more days, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Do it on a schedule kind like what Anonymous said
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 1:02 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I would do like anonymous said. This worked well when I went from nursing to bottle feeding. I would just eleminate one feeding and then wait a few days and do another until she was on the bottle and My body had adjusted. I will warn you though that once you stop your breast are going to seem smaller than when you started. It always took mine a few months to recover and I dont know that they were ever the same :) Just one of the perks of motherhood but well worth it for a healthy baby!
    berryhappy1971

Answer by berryhappy1971 at 1:11 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Just slowly reduce the pump times. Be aware that you might well already be at your final breast size. Pregnancy made the changes.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:42 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• You're EPing? Then drop one pump session per week until done. When nursing, we recommend dropping one nursing session per week, so it's the same concept.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 30, 2011