• In the Spotlight:

Would you be upset???

We went to my Step dads family for Thanksgiving, everything was great until everyone that was there ate and my aunt Rhonda kixed her family some food to take huntin. I was going to fix me a bowl of dressing(my favorite food in the world) and my aunt Donna told me I needed to wait because there was like 5 more people on their way. I would have understood if there hadn't still been a huge pan of dressing untouched. I wasn't going to get but a small bowl. This particular aunt and I have never got along, we have been in the family for almost 15 years and she still considers me a step.

KallaLilli

Asked by KallaLilli at 10:16 AM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Relationships

• Personally I would have been offended, especially if everyone else was fixing plates to go! It sounds like she was picking on you that day! Really, did she think you would eat enough for those 5 that were coming?! Too bad you don't live closer, I have 1/2 a pan left from yesterday! :o)
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 4:08 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• well its a bit rude isnt it after all there sounds like there was plenty to go round .
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Yes it would bother me, I would have eaten anway.

Answer by louise2 at 10:20 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• It wouldn't have bothered me. She may have assumed that you might eat enough that the other's wouldn't have enough? She probably shouldn't have said anything to you, since you were a guest, too, and should have been able to have whatever you wanted. But assume that she wanted to make sure that the others had enough and then maybe it won't seem so rude.

Answer by Bmat at 11:02 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• there was whole other pan of dressing untouched, probably 30 people ate from the first pan of dressing and there was still dressing in it honey there was PLENTY of food. why didn't she say somethin to my other aunt who fixed bowls of food to take on thier huntin trip
    KallaLilli

Answer by KallaLilli at 11:07 AM on Nov. 28, 2008