My roommate got in the left overs I fixed from my Family's dinner

I fixed several bowls of food for us to eat later, my dressing and peanut butter pie is what I am upset about. Our roommate got home before we came in from SO's dads and got in my left overs. He no longer gives us money on groceries and has gotten a habit of taking meat out of fridge for me to cook with out asking and drinking our tea and kool aid. He also made a mess the other day and left it for me to clean. How would you handle this?

KallaLilli

Asked by KallaLilli at 10:23 AM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Relationships

• well if this is any ongoing thing and roomie isn't helping out with the food i would either have him find somewhere else to live or i would pad lock the fridge shut. my step son used to live with us (at that time he was seventeen) he would never eat when i cooked but as soon as his dad and i would leave the house he would eat everything he could find and it wasn't just a little of everything it was alllll of everything i used to actually hide food from him so we could eat the rest of the week. he would do it just to be ignorant sounds like thats what roomie is doing
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I would KICK his But out...............................................
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• ask him to leave simple
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 10:26 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I had the same problem, except the roommate would NEVER clean up anything, he drank my DD's milk, ate all of our food and never payed for anything! I couldnt wait for him to move out.
    I like him as a friend but not as a roommate! He moved out 2 months ago and it has made me sooo happy! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• kick him out if hes not helping with the bills hes taking away from you guys. get rid of him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• he helps with everything but groceries and he eats out most of the time but he got MY DRESSING. That is a death wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    KallaLilli

Answer by KallaLilli at 11:10 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I would have put the mess on his bed with a note telling him you are not his mother! Perhaps setting up some written ground rules about food and drinks and cleaning up after yourselves. I would go ape if somebody touched my food, especially when I took the time to make sure I got what I love! Put up your boundaries in writing!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 4:03 PM on Nov. 28, 2008