Baby fever

I am 24, I have a 5 yr old, 3 year old and 20 month old. I had a tubal after my DS was born, and I really didn't want it. Here lately I have been wanting a baby soooooooo bad, I can see it and feel it. How hard is it to get a reversal, and is it slightly possible to get pregnant anyways if it is wanted bad enough?

lyvi

Asked by lyvi at 12:51 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• How hard it is for a reversal to work depends on what was done. If you just had clips put on the tubes it is earier and a has a better success rate to reverse the procedure. If you tubes were cut and tied then it will be less likely that a reversal will work. I would check with the Dr. who did the procedure and see what was done exactly. He or she should be able to tell you what your options are and percentage of success.
    Having your tubes tied is considered 100% effective because the chances of getting pregnant are almost none. When it does happen it is usually because something was not done correctly in the first procedure or if clips were used then they might have accidentally come off. If you really want to get pregnant talk to your Dr. I dont think just wanting it bad enough will do the trick.
    berryhappy1971

Answer by berryhappy1971 at 1:01 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I would love to check with the doctor if I knew how to get ahold of him, the clinic was shut down two months after my DS was born though :(.
    lyvi

Comment by lyvi (original poster) at 1:15 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• If you didn't want it then you shouldn't have gotten it done =( . I have a 7 month old and want another baby already but I'm going to wait till shes at least one. Most of the time that stuff is 100% Maybe you could think about adoption or fostering, I'm trying to get my SO to agree on that I want four kids I don't really care how if some crazy lady down the street gave me one I'd take it haha. If your really all about having a bio one then talk to your doctor and husband can't pull the goalie on that one lol. When mines to lazy to use a rain coat I'm always secretly hoping for a baby even know two keeps me very busy. It doesn't have to be the doctor you saw before call the local OBGYN they should either know the answer or direct you to someone who would know and go from there. I think if you get it reversed your chances of conceiving goes down some. Good luck! And remember any way you go enjoy the ones you have!
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 1:43 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I'd suggest talking to your doctor. He or she could let you know exactly what needs to be done
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 6:31 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• The hospital where you had the tubal done should have a operative report of the tubal ligation, it will tell if the doctor clipped, or incised (cut out a section) as a patient you have the right to request these records. You can also look into IVF (no need for reversal with it) or you could look into fostering a child to see if it feels right to adopt.
    michcous

Answer by michcous at 10:57 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• How would an IVF work without getting a reversal?
    lyvi

Comment by lyvi (original poster) at 11:05 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• You can get IVF with a tubal. But before you go into that expense wait a few months and see if you still feel that way. sometimes its more missing the baby stage then actually wanting another one.
    maybaby22

Answer by maybaby22 at 1:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• The hospital should have your medical records and you can get them sent to your Dr that you are using now. Dont try and figure them out yourself. You really need a MD to read through them. They also have a test that is done in Radiolody called and HSG. This is where dye is injected into the cervix and if either of your tubes are open then it would goes through into the abdomen. This is not like a surgery it is just xrays. And the IVF would work but is very expensive. This is because they harvest your eggs and then fertilize them in a lab and then implant them into your uterus. They can harvest more eggs than you need if your body has more that are ready and they can be frozen incase th first try doesnt take. Read up on it though because of the expense and because you have to go through alot of hormone injections and not to mention an increased risk of multiples.. Also many insurances do not cover fertility treatments.
    berryhappy1971

Answer by berryhappy1971 at 10:17 PM on Apr. 2, 2011