Have you ever built your house?

Did you finish it?
Everyone I know that has built their own home ran out of money at some point and couldn't finish it. They usually do the Kitchen and living room really nice and then the rest of the house doesn't get finished and they don't do any landscaping. Aren't you supposed to make sure you actually have the money before you invest in something like that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I have not personally but know many people who have. I think you need to have a lot of money to start I believe I think i might email someone and ask
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:54 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• It would be nice to always have enough. Sometimes you just have to go ahead and build what you can.
    If people always waited until they had "enough" there would be more people renting and not having the American dream of Owning their own home.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:00 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Maybe more people should be renting instead of tapping themselves out?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:14 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• We built our own house, we finished it, money was never a problem. I would not have undertaken the project if it was.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I don't think I have ever heard of somebody building a house and not finishing it. My parents built their house and finished it. My husbands best friend built his house and finished it. My aunt has built two houses and finished them.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 30, 2011