Any RH negative pregnant mommies?

I am 31 weeks pregnant with my second child. I am RH negative, which I had no problem with when I was pregnant with my son because he is also. I just got my shot of Rhogam 2 weeks ago. Earlier today I was spotting. Although very light and very little, it has gotten me a little worried. I also had some pain in my lower back and my lower stomach but now the bleeding and pain has stopped and the baby is moving around just fine. The only thing I was worrying about now is whether or not I need to get another shot of Rhogam since I was spotting (again very little).  Should I go to the hospital or let my doctor know? Or should everything be fine since the pain and bleeding has stopped? Thanks!

Oh, for those of you who don't know much about the Rh factor :)

http://www.justmommies.com/articles/rh_negative.shtml

tiffanynichols

Asked by tiffanynichols at 12:58 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was RH negative with my son and I think I remember my doc telling me that some spotting could be a side effect of the shot. Don't quote me on that though. This far along in pregnancy, I doubt anything is wrong.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:01 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I am RH negative. They said the shot lasted for 12 weeks because I started spotting and had to get one then had to get another. I would just your doctor know incase. I have spotted some since I had my shot but my doctor doesn't seem concerned about it.
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 1:04 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• i'm not pregnant but I was RH neg with my pregnancies....i don't remember spotting after getting the shot but to make sure I would let my doctor know, better to safe than sorry
    Good Luck
    dimpsedee34me

Answer by dimpsedee34me at 1:09 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I am RH negative as well, but I never had any spotting or anything like that. I didnt even understand when they told me with both of my pregnancies, I just said ok give me the shot and went on with being prego. I didnt need another one after having my son, but they had to give me another with my daughter...I dont get it...
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 1:24 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• When you are Rh negative if you have been exposed to any Rh positive blood (like if the baby is Rh positive), your body sees any Rh positive blood as like an infection and the antibodies your body has can attack the baby's red blood cells. This can result in anemia or other blood disorders in the baby. The shot keeps your body from recognizing the Rh positive blood.
    tiffanynichols

Comment by tiffanynichols (original poster) at 1:36 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• i had to get the shot but had no effects to it. i'm terrified of needles but i didn't even feel that one. i don't think you should go to the hospital but you should let your doctor know if he didn't tell you to expect this. my doctor said i would only need another shot if my daughter was Rh positive. she wasn't so i didn't have to get the shot again.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 5:50 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I think you should talk to your doctor about it.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 6:47 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• RhoGam Protects you for 12 weeks. So even if you were bleeding you are covered- but you should talk to your midwife or doctor about why you were bleeding.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 10:24 AM on Mar. 30, 2011