Should i just drop out of school and take the PTCB exam or deal with bs from the instructor?

3 weeks ago i set up stuff with my clincal site and it seemed as if everything was fine. tonight my instructor calls and said i can do my clinicals cause of my piercings, i had discussed with the instructor previously and told her that taking out my peircings for work was not a problem. the pharmacy manager i talked to said nothing about my piercings and i told her that i would not wear them to work, she said ok we will see you march 30 at 9. so i assumed everything was good to go. find out that the pharmacist called my instructor the day after i talked to the manager and said i cant work there and then the teacher said i dont think i can get you in anywhere cause of your piercings, again i told her i would NOT wear them to work and with makeup the piercing holes cant be seen. she just said ill call you later tonight about your site...she has yet to call and its midnight. also had issues concering our lab jackets, the day of our finals she announced she would send them out to us, but then when the other students and her went to this high priced restaraunt she gave them the lab jackets and failed to let me and another student the lab jackets were in and to stop by and get them. she texted me on monday the 28 saying to get the jacket, i went to her office and she had posted she would be out all week. then another text tonight sayin no jacket means no clinicals, not that it matters since i supposly cant do clinicals anyway. there are other students in my class with piercings and they got placed, it is just me excluded from clinicals. im ready to say to hell with it and just take my exam and forget about my degree even though i have 10 weeks left and just clincals to do, well if i get to do them. i have to do 130hrs in 5 weeks and with no site right now thts going to be impossible since DH works 3rd shift 6 days aweek and we have 3 kids under 8. i maintained a 3.0 average the past 10 months and only missed a couple of days cause i was hella sick and always early to class...it just frustrating that im so close but yet so far.... and the PTCB exam anyone can take, ppl off the street can take it and pass without education, so the degree in itself dont mean anything other than me saying ha i did it....
any advice on what to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in

• girl, you picked the wrong career... I have been a cert tech since 1997, I took the PTCB test with no college, only on the job training because i have been a tech since 1984,,,this is the most thankless job you will ever have, they expect you to look and act totally professional but they will not pay you professionally. Not one pharmacy will care if you went to school, you just have to have the certification, if you feel you can pass it, go for it, but no chain will let you work with piercings, except ears... i had to fight to be allowed with my nose as a religious issue, (I'm Hindu) good luck, I am sorry you are going thru this and that you picked this career, if I had it to do over I wouldnt even go near a pharmacy
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 1:49 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• You've paid for college. Finish it out. You have to remember that you aren't the only student the professor has, so she may have been sidetracked with the phone call thing, especially if she is out of the office for a week. And the labcoat, did she maybe leave it with someone for you since she's out?

How about going to different places and asking them to let you do your clinicals? That way you can be proactive. And when you go in, don't wear the piercings and cover the holes.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 1:42 AM on Mar. 30, 2011