SNIDE!!!!

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that so many of the moms on here are over-opinionated and snide? Any time I ask a question I feel like a lot of the responses are holier than thou, and sometimes makes me feel like a bad mom for doing very very common things. I ask for advice, not to be insulted! BUMP if you agree!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have to say that I did agree with not letting it get to you, but I have been seeing it happen so often that it has got out of hand and is to the point where it's hard to just continue to over look. But no matter how hard you try to point it out an ignore it and be nice there are always going to be rude, hateful, disrespectful people on here :( It's that way anywhere I guess...
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 1:35 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Just ignore the rude/snide remarks. It can be hard sometimes, but they really aren't worth worrying over.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 1:32 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• What I notice all too often are women asking questions and then getting an attitude when they don't like the answers. You ask a question you have to expect a wide range of answers because we are all coming from different places.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:19 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I love to ask question and get a variety of answers, but a lot of times I get answers from half a dozen people who's opinion is so obviously the ONLY opinion in the world....This is a mom site, expect lots of female time of month drama:)
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 12:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• it's not just with parenting questions its with anything that has been posted.... try not to let their one sided judgment get to you
    dimpsedee34me

Answer by dimpsedee34me at 1:33 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I totally get what you're saying! We are so judgmental of each other as women and as moms when instead we should be supportive. I feel like moms nit pick on here sometimes. Pick your battles ladies! As long as children are not being mentally or physically abused and are loved who gives a crap?! Not everyone has the same parenting style. We do the best we can. We all love our kids and strive to raise them as well as possible. Lets be more supportive and maybe we can achieve that goal instead of ripping each other apart!
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 3:45 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I have been a member of CM since 2008 and this is an absolutely hateful place 75% of the time... I rarely venture out of my own group here and I NEVER go to the NCC....
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 1:52 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Bitches can be bitches :)
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 2:24 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Did we ever leave that high school mentality behind? Methinks not.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 2:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• BUMP! Especially when it is not a controversial topic, not uncommon, whatever, and someone just HAS to make a bitchy "know it all" comment.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:05 PM on Mar. 30, 2011