Amicable Custody?

My husband and I have had a rough road. My daughter and I live in a different state then him but are planning to visit this Friday for 2 weeks for her birthday. We are most likely on the road to divorce and though we didn't handle it well before we have come to calmer terms. He promises he wouldn't pull any bs but he understands my fears with no custody agreement in place. He agreed to sign anything I needed for peace of mind but I really don't know what that would be? I need something stating my daughter and I are going from April 1- April 14 and she will be returning with me where she will be under my care. Or something on the lines of that... Help Please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• Ask for custody with visitation to be agreed upon but you get final say.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 6:19 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Oh but you should get it set up through the courts, because if you don't and he decides not to play nice anymore, he can keep her and you would have to step up a case and go to court (would take at least a month) where as if you have something set up through the courts and he kept her you would file for am emergency hearing and you would get her back in a day or so and he would have to have supervised visitation at that point.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 6:21 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Good luck. I doubt there is anything legal that can happen by Friday that would prevent a custody issue. We've gone through probrate court here for all of that stuff. Pretty straightforward and compared to lawyers and stuff very reasonably priced. We deal with bioparents and raising our grandchildren so the situation is different.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:38 AM on Mar. 30, 2011