Anyone have a good diet they tried and really liked?

letlovegrow2524

Asked by letlovegrow2524 at 2:11 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I'm on a low fat, low sodium diet and I lost quite a bit of weight with it. In the first year I lost almost 60 lbs. it's hard though, but so worth it. It's just a healthy balanced diet, so there's not diet foods, no artificial sweeteners, nothing like that. Just by lowering your salt intake to 1500 mg a day or so, you will lose a lot of weight. The average american eats 3500-4000 mg of sodium per day which leads to water retention, swelling, high blood pressure, heart disease, among other things. it is hard eliminating the processed foods that have high amounts of sodium as well as not adding salts to foods, but once your taste buds adapt and you start tasting the food again, you will LOVE it. And if you do like i did, and lose 11lbs the first week you might just love it even more.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:16 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Haha yes I need something that I can see results fast. I want to try the Atkins diet I just need to loss the weight! But I'm not so sure about it i hear good and bad. I'm just to fat to exercise the way I want to like I use to run 6 miles everyday and could eat what ever I please. As long as i take the weight off I'll be able to hit the gym harder.
    letlovegrow2524

Comment by letlovegrow2524 (original poster) at 2:21 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• They all work in the short term, it's a matter of finding what works in the long term. Here's a general guideline:
    Drink water- calories from beverages add up fast. Water is calorie-free. Also, we often mistake thirst for hunger. The RDA for women is 11 cups a day, including water from foods.
    Add fruits and veggies- 3-4 servings a day of each.
    Substitute whole grains for refined carbs- whole grains will keep you fuller longer, and they have a better nutritional punch.
    Switch to lean proteins and low fat or nonfat diary products.
    "Diets" work in the short term, because you've cut your calories. You are also slowing your metabolism. Thus, when you get tired of eating the limited stuff you can on said diet, you will gain back every ounce and more of what you've lost. Fast results are temporary results. Healthy weight loss happens at 1-2 lbs per week. It CAN happen. I've lost 55 lbs over the last year.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:00 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Also, be sure to eliminate processed foods, like the PP said. They're loaded with sodium, sugars, and chemicals, and they tend to be higher in calories.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:01 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I love the South Beach Diet
    Zanny

Answer by Zanny at 7:00 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I agree with South Beach diet.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:08 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• The Adkins Diet can work very well. High protein, low carbohydrates. It starts out really fast, then slows down for about 30 days ( 30 long days), then all of sudden weight just starts falling off and the cravings for junk foods etc. just fade away.
    twilanelson

Answer by twilanelson at 8:14 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I started using products made by Visalus. They help to bur fat and build lean muscle simultaneously. Many people are having amazing results and in 2 weeks, my jeans are looser! I love it!!

onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 11:40 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• simply eathing healthy options, watching portion size... healthy snacks
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Weight Watchers is the only thing that workded for me
    Charizma77

Answer by Charizma77 at 10:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2011