He put on cologne.. to see his female friend...

I know how this already sounds, but let me explain our situation first. my boyfriend has a lot of female friends.. and if you met him you'd understand why. he's sort of nerdy. were no where close to marriage, and we've only been dating for 5 months. so, that being said, today he went to a friends house (a female, who is also in a relationship.. going on like 3 years now, who hes known for years, that he hasn't seen in months) to bring her a pet rabbit he got from another friend. he spent about 4 hours over there with his guy friend (she lives an hour and a half away.. so i guess its understandable). him and his friend came over afterwards to watch a movie. i noticed he was wearing cologne. he never wears cologne unless were going out. so immediately im thinking he was trying to impress his female friend. and honestly i got a little uncomfortable.. what do you ladies think???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• maybe he does want to impress her and just was feeling a bit self consious to see her and wanted to look and feel his best. but.... he came back to you! Maybe he just wanted to feel good about himself..
    cynthiaesquivel

Answer by cynthiaesquivel at 2:48 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• iiiiiiii dont know........Cynthia could be right..but it seems a bit off to me. Do you have that "gut feeling"? And i think you should let him know that it made you feel a little uncomfortable. I feel no matter the situation..you should always have open communication between one another. Why didn't he invite you to go with him?
    Mommy103110

Answer by Mommy103110 at 3:18 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• dont jump into conclusions yet. very small things can give rise to major relationships ' problems. if you dwell on negative thoughts thz thots you will forget the basics of being in a relationship. ask him whilst laughing it off if he stammers put handcuffs
    linah12345

Answer by linah12345 at 3:22 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• yea thats abit odd considering he doesnt wear it alll the time , my dh always wears cologne no matter the occasion so when he puts it on its not a big deal to me and i can totally understand being ill spray on perfume even before a trip to the store , i just always like to smell good , mostly for myself i guess. Maybe u should ask him why he put it on...
    PrettyBaby24

Answer by PrettyBaby24 at 7:03 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Had you already made plans that he was coming over to watch a movie? Maybe he didn't wear it for her, but for you, if he knew he was coming to see you?

I really wouldn't worry about it. I never wear make up, and rarely wear perfume. I have a court hearing with my ex next week, and will be wearing make up and perfume. It's not that I want to impress him, just that I'll be in a different setting than usual and will feel more confident with make up and perfume. Maybe since he hadn't seen her in a while, he just did it for confidence.

I really think it's nothing to worry about, but if it's bothering you, it's better to ask him about it than to let it fester and end up becoming a bigger problem than it should be.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:04 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Making a good first impression. If its more than that you'll know soon enough..
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:02 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Maybe he wears it when going out in general? Or maybe subconsciously he wears it around females and didn't think twice of putting it on.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:46 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I agree with the first post, he probably just wanted to feel good. No biggie I think.
    I get on DHs nerves about this sort of thing. I have lots of guy friends, and when Dh doesn't want to do something that I want to, I end up taking one of them.
    then he gets irritated that I did so, but he really only has himself to blame!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:07 AM on Mar. 30, 2011