What is the difference between a christian and a born again christian?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I couldn't resist:

S-IfYoureBornAgain.gif

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Well, there are "cradle Christians" - just using the term to best explain what I mean - those who were raised Christian and never really had that whole need to turn my life around kind of moment. I know the idea of being "born again" isn't stressed so much in, say, my Methodist church. I wouldn't consider *myself* born again, because I was raised within Christianity and never had that kind of moment. My faith has always been one of the most important parts of my life, as far back as I can remember. In fact, I'm pretty sure that my baptism (at 4) is my earliest memory. We were always really active in the church, and we never questioned our faith, even as children. Not that we didn't constantly dig or think outside the box, that kind of questioning, I mean the doubtful kind. My faith has *always* been a part of my life, as far back as I can remember.... I don't feel I'm "born again", because this is the only life I've known...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:27 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• volume
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I don't refer to my conversion as being born again. once was enough
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 9:19 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I think it has to do with baptism. If you have been baptised you would be "born again"

or I guess some would say that it could just be whoever has accepted Jesus as Savior- because of the change that is supposed to happen within that person- but to be Christian this is what you do anyway...so it would all be the same thing

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:01 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• A christian who has turned away from the faith at some point (intentionally or not) and has come back to rededicate themself.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 10:11 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• A Christian is a born-again believer. There's no difference.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 1:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• actually, the term comes from scripture, when Jesus said, ''you must be born again.'' when speaking to nicodemus. he completely explained the terminology when nicodemus ask in his confusion, ''how can a man enter into his mother's womb a second time?"

there is no difference in xtian and B-A xtian. if you have decided personally to follow Christ, you have basically died to the old-self, and been born a new creation. its an analogy used in scripture to explain the 'change' occuring when you make that decision. whether you wore literally born and raised in a xtian home or not, has nothing to do with that personal decision. no one is 'born xtian'. just like no one is born-any other religion. its a decision you make yourself. period.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:41 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• sorry..forgot to add ^this^ can be found in John 3.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:42 PM on Mar. 30, 2011