Jobs...

has anyone been layed off or quit a job and can not find another one even though the economy is getting "better"?

minki111

Asked by minki111 at 4:08 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Money & Work

• me! The plant I worked at goes through layoffs at the beginning of each year. I didnt get picked for layoff, but they decided to temporarily change the hours, I couldn't accomodate for my kids and they told me to quit. Been home looking since January
    joanie70

Answer by joanie70 at 5:26 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• DH is going on 6th month of unemployment right now
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:16 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I was laid off a few weeks ago and I've been looking on line daily and have posted my resume everywhere. The only offers I get are from telemarketers which I can understand as NO ONE wants those jobs. Job hunting is hard and scary these days. I don't want to go from making $16 an hour to $9 an hour.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 9:01 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I have never been unemployed, but my job finding technique is more intensive than other people's (I used to bartend, & SOOOO many times I would have a customer show up at about lunch & tell me how they are looking for work, that they handed out some resumes that morning & now were going to sit at the bar & drink all day until they get a call)

When I am without a job (basically, when I first moved into a city), I would get up at 6 am, & then start walking, going into EVERY business to see if they are hiring. I keep doing that until I get a job. If the first day passes without me getting a job, I start the next day at 6am & go until the businesses are closed. I have NEVER done this for more than two days before finding a job. It may not have been a PERFECT job, heck, some of them were Down Right CRAPPY, but it is 100% easier to find a good job if you HAVE ANY job.

Now I work from home. Check out my webpage www.greenMOMteam.com
    livewell

Answer by livewell at 10:21 AM on Mar. 30, 2011