Who is ready to be called my friend

my husband pointed one night that he was the only friend i had and guess what thats true. I dont receive calls from anybody but him. I had friends @ school whom i never called they they grew tired of calling and you know what happened next. I decided to change now i interact with more people thanx to these networks.
who is ready to be called my friend? help me make friends!

linah12345

Asked by linah12345 at 4:28 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Lol I'm in the same boat! My hubby and my mom are my only real friends....sad but true....I used to be really popular in high school but have become anti-social in my old age lol....I make friends pretty easily but it's hard for me to keep up the friendship since I'm not really a phone person.....but I'm willing to try if you are ;)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:57 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• ready as i a cn be
    linah12345

Comment by linah12345 (original poster) at 5:03 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• i know exactly how you feel. the hubs is jealous because i'm the type to have really close guy friends, so i've slowly started to exclude them from my life. he's my best friend, so he makes up for it, but sometimes i feel almost like i have to rely on him for social interaction, which i don't like as much. i have a few friends on cm, and we have some mutual friends. the baby occupies most of my time, anyway. i enjoy meeting new people, but it doesn't really happen when you're a sahm
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 5:05 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Lol, I know the feeling. I moved 3 hours from all my friends about a year and a half. Got so lonely this winter, I recruited someone on facebook. She actually turned out to be a great friend. Now, I tease her about picking up strays on facebook
    joanie70

Answer by joanie70 at 5:22 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I have the same issue, my only friends are my children and my husband and he's away alot. It's really rubbish sometimes, my sisters live close but they have their own lives.
    kayalouise

Answer by kayalouise at 5:30 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• You might find play groups and moms groups at meetup.com too
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:15 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I am in the exact same boat...the internet has been my social life for about 10 years now. However I have my youngest daughter in Head start Pre-school this year and have joined committees associated with the program so now I have a lot going on and I am around more people and interact with more people; thanks to the program I have made 2 good friends, however I still catch myself only associating with them online unless we have meetings for Head Start. I know exactly how all you ladies feel.
    MamaCortney

Answer by MamaCortney at 10:38 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• anyone is more than welcome to add me as a friend :) on here and also my FB is www.facebook.com/mamacortney (just send me a msg on FB letting me know you are a friend from CafeMom)
    MamaCortney

Answer by MamaCortney at 10:39 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I want in the boat with you ladies! As a single mom, my life centers around my DD and I've made NO-TIME for ME to have friends!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:44 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• what AngryBob said.

I'll be your CM friend :)
    spastic_poodle

Answer by spastic_poodle at 11:50 AM on Mar. 30, 2011