For moms who have children that love art/crafts

What kind of supplies do you have? My daughter loves arts and crafts. I was wondering what you have for your children. (Plus, I would like some ideas for different things for her.)
Thanks!

elliesmum06

Asked by elliesmum06 at 5:31 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• Paint, foam stickers, construction paper, markers, crayons, glue, pom poms, popsicle sticks, glitter, etc.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 6:23 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• We have a storage tote full of different things. We usually hit up the dollar store. We have:
    Pom poms
    chenille stems
    construction paper
    glitter glue
    glitter
    tissue paper
    edging scissors
    regular scissors
    drawing templates
    Chalk
    crayons
    markers
    colored pencils
    googly eyes
    paper punches
    foam cut outs (ddor hangers,crowns, etc)
    foam sheets
    clay
    stickers
    stamps
    water colors
    paints (poster & regular)
    glue sticks
    That's all i can think off of the top of my head.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 7:07 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My son's favorite activity is cheap, fun, and arty. He loves to paint on t-shirts. (I started this because I don't have room to store all of his first paintings, and I wanted to save them!) He's 3, and we've been doing this since he was a little over a year. I buy fabric paint, give him a brush, or let him paint with his hands, and he paints the front of his tees. I buy in his size, and my plan is when he starts having kids of his own, I'll sew all ois outgrown tees into a quilt for his children. When he's older, I'll probably switch to fabric paint pens. I have had him paint on t-shirts sized for friends and family members as gifts as well. My parents loved their personalized shirts. My dad's a mechanic, and refused to wear his for fear of getting it covered in grease, but he loves it.

BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 7:57 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• A friend of mine recently had our sons (both three) sitting at her kitchen table ripping up tissue paper (like what you use in a gift bags) which she had them organize on lamination sheets, and then ran through the laminator. This made a sun-catcher like effect..or stained glass. It was very cool.

I keep foam shapes, glue, scissors, glitter, fabric scraps, markers, paints, that sort of stuff around. I remember my elementary school art class (way back when I was in kindergarden) that our art teacher used to save things like egg cartons, paper towel tubes, toilet paper tubes, cardboard boxes of various sizes, even the foam they put under meat you get from the grocery store (I would make sure to clean it well with soap and water before storing) and we made everything from masks to sculptures using these, glue, and paper mache. Lots of fun.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:00 AM on Mar. 30, 2011