How/where do you store your children's artwork, school work, etc.?

Out of curiosity, how and where do you store all of your child's "memories"?

laird6372

Asked by laird6372 at 6:18 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• First...lol...I always proudly display the fabulous works of art on the fridge so that everyone can see them...then after a week or so, I put them in a big manilla envelope with their name on it and keep it. I have three grandchildren now and have started doing the same thing with their things too. My Mom saved a lot of my school work from years ago...and I still have it after she gave it to me. It's really nice to have something to look back on after all these years. I hope that my children and grandkids will enjoy theirs as well.
    sonja911

Answer by sonja911 at 6:54 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• we always pt on fridge first then in a box for him later i started this when my girls were little and they thought it was cool to look thru the box of their things my youngest said wow i remember making that hopefully my grandson will like it also
    halo4

Answer by halo4 at 7:32 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I have one of theose big plastic under the bed containers that I have their stuff in
    and I also have a few of thier art pieces in frames on the wall
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:36 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• The really good ones will go in frames, and are displayed for a long time. Little things will go on the fridge. Some of their artwork goes into a memory box I keep for each child. It has various art works, report cards, photos and all of that.

Answer by gemgem at 7:49 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I keep my daughters on the fridge for awhile, then I take a picture of it and throw it out. Some, the really artistic ones I keep in a bin but if I kept everything we'd have to have another room in our house just for that. I keep the pics on our computer labeled "art projects"
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 8:50 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I don't. IF they choose to put them on the fridge, they do, but they usually take them down latter that day or the next and toss them. If they leave them up til the next one comes along they will toss the one that's up there and put up the new one. But my kids aren't the type that think I have to keep everything, and neither am I.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:07 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• We take pics of everything and throw out the big stuff. I do keep some special pieces from each year - I recently went to the USPS and got flat rate shipping boxes that are the perfect size to keep a year's worth of papers. They're free! At the end of the year I can seal them up and label with their name and the year and they will stack well.

Answer by missanc at 12:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2011