What is the difference between a miscarriage and abortion?

H.Mdoc

Asked by H.Mdoc at 6:34 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• A miscarriage is the bodies way of ridding itself of a baby it can't carry at that time (I'm not being rude, when I had my first miscarriage this is how it was explained to me). This is also called a "natural" abortion....not to be confused with an actual abortion....

An Abortion, is someone going to a doctors to get the baby removed from your body with medical help.

A Miscarriage or "Natural" Abortion is your bodies way of getting rid of the baby because for one reason or another it can and will not see it as something that is supposed to be there, but it is a natural process that cannot be stopped.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:40 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• A miscarriage is involuntary where as an abortion is voluntary.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 6:54 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Why dont you know the answer to this ? How old are you ?
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 7:19 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• miscarriage occurs as a result of too much load,stress while abortion is done intensionally
    khayjy101

Answer by khayjy101 at 7:20 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Miscarriage happens usually when the baby is not developing properly and the body rids itself of the baby that is generally already dead. Abortion is a human ridding themselves of a baby that is still alive and they just dont want the baby.

Answer by gemgem at 7:47 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Actually ladies medically a mc is considered a spontaneous abortion and that is how it will be noted in your medical charts. While most of us think of a abortion as a medical procedure that is not necessarly the case.

Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 8:33 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• A HUGE difference, very very huge! Miscarriage happens on it's own, as an abortion is voluntary! Usually a woman who has a miscarriage, often WANTS the child, but simply cannot carry to full term for whatever reason her body is going through. An abortion, obviously, is when the woman does not want the burden of a(nother) child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Google it & read.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:56 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I am surprised by some of these answers. I have had two miscarriages and while that does not make me an expert, it does mean that I have spent hours and hours researching why my body was losing those two babies after carrying two to term. Stress can cause miscarriage, but it usually has to be extreme....such as you were held hostage during a robbery. While your medical terms and records show a "spontaneous abortion", that does not mean the term is intrerchangable between a wanted and unwanted pregnancy. If I told people I had two abortions, it has a much different meaning than saying I had two miscarriages. Google the definition of abortion. I wanted my babies, but either something was not developing right with them or my hormones, fliud, whatever was wrong and I lost them. I did not chose to have them removed.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:23 AM on Mar. 30, 2011