Can a late period and negative hpt mean that I am pregnant?

I use an ovulation calendar app on my phone to keep track of my cycle. It's very accurate. All of my projected menstrual cycles were dead on. My menstrual was due Tuesday, March 22nd. No period has happened and it's now 8 days late. So I took a hpt and it was negative. But I have tender breasts, nasuea, cramped for 6 days. Not on bc and my fiance and I have sex often. Also my first two pregnancies were detected by hpt and my third was detected only through blood testing but it was ectopic. That was 3 years ago. What to do now?

Anvaile

Asked by Anvaile at 6:35 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Try and take another hpt in a few days. If you still aren't having a visit from af and still negative, go see your doctor.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 6:41 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I would go ahead and schedule an appointment with the doctor for sometime in the next week or two. If your period shows up before then, you can always cancel. If you get a positive test, you can reschedule for a couple weeks later for your first prenatal. In the meantime, I'd take more tests. With this pregnancy, I had two negative tests before I got a positive. Though your cycles may be regular, you may ovulate later than what would be considered "normal."
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 9:41 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Thanks for advice. But my monthly finally showed up on April 5th. I didn't have a menstrual for March. So I guess everything is fine now. But that was weird.
    Anvaile

Comment by Anvaile (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Apr. 7, 2011