Are you dealing with PTSD as well??

My boyfriend of only a short time has a really bad case of PTSD....No this is not my first dealing with PTSD, however this is the first time I have seen it this bad, it breaks my heart to see him so down. He says he misses the military but he will not go back some days are much worse than others, I guess what I am asking is other than being there for him is there really anything else I can do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• they have groups for soldiers who have problems coming home. it sounds like that would be good for him.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 7:33 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• He won't go to them.....He just got home a little over a month ago.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:37 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• maybe you could get one of his army buddies to talk him into it. soldiers hold high respect for other soldiers.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 7:41 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I do. I got Cognitive behavioral therapy to teach me to identify when an episode is coming on and how to re-direct my thoughts to keep it from happening. For the most part my ptsd is in check 99% of the time. I am no longer on medication for the ptsd or anxiety. It worked for me, it can work for anyone.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:19 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• does anyone have a site link for information on Cognitive behavioral therapy?

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:03 AM on Mar. 30, 2011