How do I respond to my niece who wants to put me back on facebook as a friend after she unfriended me without a reason?

She posted something offensive about my family in a pic and then someone told her that my mom was angry so she assumed it was me and unfriended me. Of course with all her 300 friends it was someone else. Now she is apologizing to me. What should I say to her? SHe is 30 years old and is so childish, I was not even on that site, I was on cafe mom . Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• Ignore it and add her back. You know she acts childish, so ignore it and keep it moving...
    treasured_hope

Answer by treasured_hope at 12:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I always forgive my family, but hey thats me. Id add her back.

Answer by gemgem at 8:02 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• At least she's apologizing....give her another shot, she's family.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:06 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Just accept it and move on. Don't hold a grudge.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:07 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I would give her another chance since she apologized and have a talk with her about what happened
    joanie70

Answer by joanie70 at 8:17 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I'd add her back...if she's immature that should speak for itself LoL
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 9:43 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I would add her back. Maybe it was an accident.
    mommymelissa76

Answer by mommymelissa76 at 8:11 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I keep my facebook page for friends and siblings and my chldren. That's just me.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:24 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• i would add her back mistakes happen and we all have made them just tell her you would like better communication next time and gl
    halo4

Answer by halo4 at 9:00 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• "Befriend" her again, if you want to, but it's always better to forgive. Accept her aplogy, but let her know that you were hurt by her previous action. Try to ignore her posts as much as possible; don't take things to heart. If it happens again, then I would definitely "unfriend" her for good. I'm on FB; it has become a dangerous site in many ways. It's a cyber place for bullying, offending people, and giving away too much information. I use it to keep in touch with people in and out of town. I have nieces that post ridiculous things reporting every little thing they do. I ignore the nonsense; it's a sign of immaturity. I only comment when they post positives about their children or family matters, again, only positives. It doesn't matter what age they are, people mature at different rates. So even if your niece should have known better, just shrug it off and move on.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 9:13 AM on Mar. 30, 2011