Is this normal

ok so as of yesterday I am 21 weeks pregnant this is my 3rd pregnancy and baby. Well, I went on Friday to the doctor and heard the heartbeat and everything. My belly is big already I mean you can tell I am pregnant, but my belly is soft. It isn't hard is it normal that it is not hard? Well once in a great while it gets hard, but usually it is soft or sometimes even the bottom of my belly will be hard and the top soft or the top hard and the bottoms soft. Is this normal? With both my other kids my belly was hard all the way through the end.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes, it's normal. Baby is still little. As he/she grows, more of your stomach will be hard. Mine didn't really feel hard until I was 6 months or so. Now, sometimes it's squishy on top, or on whatever side he's not laying on. I'm on baby number 2.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:06 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Its normal. When your further along and the baby is allot bigger than it is now your belly will be hard.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:16 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• You could be showing and bloating. Or you are showing and the baby is just not big enough to provide that firmness you are looking for. As this is not your first your muscles stretch out more and more with each child so you may notice that firmness in the next couple weeks. :) good luck.
    amanda1503

Answer by amanda1503 at 9:47 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Ask your doctor.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 1:30 PM on Mar. 30, 2011