Birthday Party

My youngest will be 4 in April and I need some ideas that would be fun; there will be approximately 8 children here ranging in age from 4 to 9

I am just trying to get some ideas as to what others do for birthday parties and it is for a boy

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:18 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Holidays

• Do a theme party... what does he like? what is his favorite tv show?
    Use that/those ideas and run with it... paper plates/cake/hats/cups all can match your theme...
    using the colors within the theme for streamers.... bag goodie bags ... you can find all kinds of stuff
    at a dollar store... games such as bowling, pin the tail on the donkey, can be used and played by all ages
    and everyone is a winner...serve fun finger foods... kids love that... put on some of your child's favorite music
    and let them dance around...set the party time for no more than 4 hrs allowing also family and close friends to
    join in.... this gives everyone a time frame and you too and it's easier to set up....
    Also when our grandson started school, we did 2 small things.. one at school so non of his friends felt left out
    and one at home with ONLY family and our close friends...you will learn it saves on the headaches...LOL

Good Luck
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My son's b-day is in April as well. Last year we just had it in our back yard, served food, and gave all the kids water guns. We had a military theme and did a few games as well and put fake military tattoos on all the kids. The water guns & grenades kept them busy for hours.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 8:23 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Do you have a theme in mind? If you do, then it might be a little easier to come up with ideas. Traditional party games are still favourites though - pin the tail on the donkey, musical chairs, stomping or sitting on balloons, etc.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:20 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• For that many children I would look into family entertainment centers if you have them, also some bowling alleys let you rent lanes and have parties there. My friends little girl just did a bowling party with around 10 kids ages 4-10 and they had a ball. I think her mom told me it cost $10 a lane and she rented 2 lanes.

Answer by gemgem at 8:20 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Go to birthdayexpress.com they have tons of things to at least give you an idea on a theme and if you sign up for their magazine they send you coupons. If he has a favorite cartoon or theme I bet they have it. I bouight a pull string pinata and a banner from them last year for DS monkey themed 1st birthday party, They were a big hit.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 8:38 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• what does she like? get a theme and go with it!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:04 AM on Mar. 30, 2011