Heaven and Marriage...

You always here people say after they loose their spouse that "We'll betogether again someday" or "I know they are waiting for me in heaven"... SO here's my question. IF your mate dies and you get remarried and they die... Who's waiting for you in heaven? The first? The Second? Neither or Both?

**As a note, I don't believe in heaven. It's just one of those things I've always wondered...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:02 AM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• There's no marriage in heaven so either the both of them or one of them either or they would just be glad to see you as anyone else in heaven would be we all love eachother sincerely up there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I believe that if they are going to heaven then they will be there wether your coming or not! I am a Christian and believe in heaven. But...its supposed to be perfect! Your in HEAVEN literally. Why would they sit around waiting for you to die and come up there? I bet they would be like "my ex wife who"?
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 11:18 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• In heaven, we'll all remember and know each other but our relationship will be like that of a brother and sister.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:58 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• ...till Death do us part...

no marriage in Heaven
    Anonymous

• I agree with...Blessedmommy64. We won't remember the past either of our lives here on earth.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 2:23 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Even though you don't believe in heaven I'm glad you asked. :)
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 2:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• in my faith we can be sealed for time and all eternity, not till death do you part. I will have my husband and children with me
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 4:02 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• i dont think there is marriage in Heaven. But i am sure that they will be with you
    GraciesMom52407

Answer by GraciesMom52407 at 5:46 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• There is only ONE marriage in Heaven.. The marriage between yourself and God. Everyone will know everyone and everyone will be friendly. It will be selflessness. We do not know how to wrap our heads around how Heaven will be. I have a whole book on questions that will probably never be answered. One being will there be children in heaven, since in the Bible it states that we will be the perfect age, the age of about 30. I want children in Heaven. So I really don't know, but I do know you will not be married nor will you have sex.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 6:57 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• no sex?!?!?! only joking lol. I'm not Christian, but I do believe in Nirvana. When we die, we just change form, since we are energy, we are the universe. We won't have any attachment to other human forms, like our mates, children,and  our own selves (or perceived selves, like I said we are the universe, we are one, we are connected) . It sounds sad, but that too is just our perception right now. What is beyond this "life" is so miraculous we can not even begin to comprehend it. So our purpose on this earth is to love without limits because this time is very short, in the next life (death,Nirvana, Heaven) we won't have this human chance to love. Love your kids now, love each other now, that's what we are here for.

FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 8:25 PM on Nov. 28, 2008