If you choose to treat your sicknesses with natural things when do you go to the doctor?

oldfashionSAHM

Asked by oldfashionSAHM at 8:50 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Health

• I'm into homeopathy to a point. The medical industry makes so much unneccesary money off of us because we don't know. However, if I know I can't handle something on my own, I go to a doctor.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:47 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I go to the doctor when the preventative or natural treatments aren't working. For example, this winter I had a cold that just wouldn't go away. I went weeks and weeks with it, sleeping, taking extra vitamin C and D, flushing my sinuses with saline rinse, etc and I didn't get any better. After about the 5th week, I actually took a serious turn for the worse and finally went to the doctor. Turns out I had developed a rather severe sinus infection that required treatment.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:54 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• When my other remedies don't seem to be helping and my condition is worsening...or when my husband forces me to! I just don't like going to a doctor.It's almost a phobia.
    MistyBlueMom

Answer by MistyBlueMom at 9:00 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• For the regular kinds of stuff (colds, etc.) I'll go to the doctor if the illness isn't getting better (staying steady) for more than 2 weeks, or if new/worse symptoms are arise and don't go away in 2-3 days.

If something happens that scares me, I'll just go as soon as I can. Like once while flying back from vacation, I felt these ridiculously intense stabbing pains in my head that left me huddled in a heap. I went to ER as soon as we got to the ground, and I'm glad I did even though it just turned out to be pressurization pains because I had a sinus infection (that I didn't know about).
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 9:10 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• If I'm not starting to feel any improvement after 1-2 weeks I go in. Same for my kids. We've had an unusually healthy winter this year too, only 3 doctor visits total for 3 of the 6 of us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I go to a doctor if I'm at a complete loss about what might be wrong or if there's something they can do that I can't.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 6:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• This year I got the flu shot after dealing with about a six week long coughing spell the winter before. I didn't get sick this winter.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 10:14 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• There are times when the answer can only come from your doctor
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 9:53 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• really coffeewriter. that' cool. i know my husband and the guys at his work stopped taking the flu shot because they all would spend a week sick after getting it. and one guy don't get it because he is in his 30's and never had the flu.
    oldfashionSAHM

Comment by oldfashionSAHM (original poster) at 10:17 AM on Mar. 30, 2011