Is anyone else sick??

Everyone at home was really sick yesterday(Thanksgiving) was anyone else??? We had to cancel all of our plans....so dissapointing...

MaiasMommy619

Asked by MaiasMommy619 at 11:02 AM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Just for Fun

• yes i had to take my 5yr old to the emergancy room last night cause he was throwing up so bad. and when got back my 3 yr got sick but at least he not as bad as my 5yr old :( some holiday huh? blah
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 11:06 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• bonnie-jo Im sorry to hear that! I hope they both feel better soon!!
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 11:07 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• LOL !! We planned a BIG Thanksgiving week - hubby and I were flying from Calif. to Chicago to see our daughter. I could feel an earache starting up, so I did all the right things - wear a WARM hat at all times, drink a LOT of hot tea, avoid sugar, take Emergen-C with MSM in it, echinacea/golden seal and MSM in pill form, gargle with very warm salt water and with warm bacteria-killing mouthwash ... and it worked ! Nipped it in the bud ! We arrive in Chicago, and our daughter is coming down with the same thing ! Plunges into it. Fortunately, mommy is here to nurse her through it. Poor thing. Instead of a lot of sightseeing, we are just being family together - which is wonderful. VERY typical for people to get sick as the weather turns cold. Our bodies can't keep up with the usual hectic pace PLUS handle getting chilled. Best wishes to everyone getting better.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 11:19 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Just a note to everyone - I have been bulking up on vitamins with me and my kids. I have added a lot more vitamin D for us all and that is working like a charm! In fact, my 8 yr old's class all has the flu and strep and she doesn't have anything. The school called and asked what in the world is going on that my kids aren't sick! Give it a try - it works!

Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:35 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Yep, I've been sick as a dog all week. We still went ahead with our dinner, but I was a useless lump on the couch while my guests and my husband did everything.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 12:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• No but my 3 yr old was all wound up and running through my sisters house and he fell on the corner of a chair and now has a huge scrape on his left cheek about 6 inches long and a black eye. So glad that day is over!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:16 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Aww guys! I hope everyone feels better soon! I know being sick on the holiday is never any fun! Trust me I know! I had a house full of sick people!!
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 6:22 PM on Nov. 28, 2008