why does she...

My formula fed 4 month old occasionally eats rice cereal. I also make sure that her bottles are mixed in perfect proportion. So....why is my daughter constantly soaked. Her bowels are always very liquid and she is constantly wetting her diaper. How much is normal?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 11:13 AM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I honestly dont know the answer to this, but I do know that a mothers instinct is usually right on. I would ask your pediatrician just to be safe.
    newmommy1201

Answer by newmommy1201 at 11:23 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• i'm not sure. I would ask her doctor. She might have a uti maybe.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 12:03 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• The cereal wouldn't give her diarrhea if that's what your thinking. It's binding, so if anything it would make her stools hard. How ever, if she does have diarrhea...make sure she gets plenty of fluids. Water constantly throughout the day. If it's just urine and it's yellow...not brown or red, and it seems seem painful for her to pee then I'm sure she's fine. My daughter used to pee so much that when you'd pick her up out of the swing her clothes would be soaked! Call the Nurse if your still concerned!
    jessicer421

Answer by jessicer421 at 1:07 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• "doesn't seem to be painful"...sorry!
    jessicer421

Answer by jessicer421 at 1:08 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• My daughter had the same problem, not diarrhea but extremely soft liquid stool. The pediatrician told me to get her LACTINEX which is an enzyme or good bacteria found in milk. It comes in granules that I mixed in her bottle. Fixed her up great. I always have some on hand because occasionally she gets sensitive stomach, but not sick. Ask your Ped. about it, it's OTC but you want to have your daughter checked out first just to be safe. Good luck.
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 8:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2008