How do you fit a workout in your schedule?

I have a YMCA membership but I can't find an hour to drive there workout for 40mins. and drive back home (during a time the child care is open). How does anyone find time to do this?

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 9:00 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• i haven't yet but i really could be doing that instead of setting on cafemom. i'm just so tired this morning.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 9:03 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Easy, I don't work. So after my kids are at school I go work out. When I had a toddler at home, I just went and put her in their daycare
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:03 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I work out at home...and it's usually in between 6am and 7am or after 8am.... I have found if I do it early in the morning before the small ones have to get up for school, I feel better through the day...and that's when I can force myself to get off my butt lol.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 9:05 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Stay up an hour after your kids go to bed or get up an hour earlier, it sucks but, sometimes that is the only options we have. Our health is just as important for our children as it is for ourselves. I don't like to workout at all, I hate it, in fact, but it is important, so I just say, I don't like it but I have to do it anyway.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 9:17 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I do it while DS is napping. Of course I don't go anywhere but i have a treadmil and my computer is loaded with my favorite excersise videos. Durring the warmer months I run after my husband gets home or after DS goes to sleep.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:27 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I work at home, so after the kids go to school, I have a little breakfast while taking care of any phone calls or paperwork that needs immediate attention. Then I put the phone line on voice mail, pop in a workout DVD, and go to it. When I'm finished, I go back to my desk and return any call or e-mails that came during that hour.
    You may find it easier to find some good workouts to do at home if you're having trouble finding time to get to the Y. I have lost over 60 pounds and in pretty darned good shape and haven't set foot in a gym my entire adult life, so it can be done.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:40 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I go for a run in the mornings. Or I go for a bike ride, or ride my bike to school.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:53 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• We had a Y membership one year, but we just couldn't get there often enough & our kids were not old enough to enjoy much there. I do workouts at home. I need to do my workouts some time in the morning because as the day drags on I just don't seem to be energetic enough to do them at night. After the kids leave for school, I do a workout some time before lunch. My problem here lately is that I have been doing some subbing in school & taking a class that requires me to be in a classroom. I've tried getting up extra early to workout before getting ready for school, but I have not been able to do it yet; too tired. Once I get home; too tired again. That's why I'm about a week or so behind on my workout schedule. My goal is to make myself get up extra early & get it done because at some point, I will find a teaching job & won't be home everyday to do it later in the morning. My advice; try to do it as early in the day as possible.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 12:55 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• When I had a membership at the YMCA I would go right after work. When I was not working, I would go very first thing in the morning. However, I found myself doing nothing but using the treadmill so I got treadmill and gave up the membership. Now I can use it any time I have time during the day.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:04 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• i work at the Y so it's pretty easy for me... i drop the kids with my parents (since i work longer hours than the daycare provides per day) and work out for 30 minutes before/after work... i do easy stuff, walking on the treadmill or a yoga class before work... if i'm not working i take the kids and drop them in the care center for 45 minutes, they LOVE it.
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2011