Did you get any financial aid for going back to college?

I'm planing to get my GED soon. After that I would love to go to college, but I don't think I can afford it. I read on the Internet that there are lot of financial aids and federal grants to help to help people go back to college. Did any of you go to college with help of grants or financial aids. How did you get it, did it cover all cost of college? Do you need to have good GPA score? Did you have to wait a long time to get it? Can you please share your experience? Thank you!

almedina

Asked by almedina at 9:34 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in

• You would fill out a FAFSA form online. When DH applied a few years back he had to be enrolled before they reviewed it and got hung up there because of lost vaccine records. SO I can't answer all of your questions. Do look up the FAFSA form though. It's pretty straight forward as to filling it out. they walk you through it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:37 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• You just need to fill our a FASFA online (you can google it) and then talk to your school's financial aid office. With my undergrad, I was a single mom with no real income, so I received some scholarships (which I had to locate through the school and apply for) and some grants. I just finished my MA and now I am married, so I did not receive any grants, but I was able to pay for my entire schooling through loans. It's a bummer to have to pay them all back, but there is no way I could have paid for it out of pocket.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 9:38 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I'm currently going to college. My financial aid covers everything, including the books. But some more expensive colleges, the financial aid and grants won't cover books. What are you thinking of going for? There are some good schools out there.
    Irix

Answer by Irix at 9:40 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Thanks for your answers. I'll look for FAFSA, thanks for letting me know about vaccine records, I'm not sure if  I have mine. I'm thinking about  business school.

almedina

Comment by almedina (original poster) at 9:53 AM on Mar. 30, 2011