Marriage?

me and my boyfriend have been together for almost 4yrs and we have talked about it and he said he wants spend the rest of his life with me and i also want to do the same. BUT he hasnt put in affort into it like no ring no nothing and now its like we are together just because we have been together for so long i feel like we are in 2 different worlds we dont really kiss or say i love you anymore and when we fight its a war always! so i dont what to do to fix it or even try anymore??

kolbysmama20

Asked by kolbysmama20 at 9:42 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• It sounds like to me that you have found a marriage already just with out the paper work. LOL! Seriously, relationships get into that rut of feeling drug down & volatile at times. Dont throw in the towel, sweetie..there are worse guys out there & youve made it work for 4 years already,right? Plan a vacation away from the stress of everyday life. Have fun together,rework your "ideas" of your relationship,move forward with each other.Make plans for the future,education,careers marriage,house,kids. Maybe make a list of goals but only after you two have patched some of your issues &are back on track emotionally with each other. If you find yourself getting mad...write down why &try to solve it before you two address the issue with emotional words. A marriage licenses is a piece of paper until you go to court..then it becomes a license for an attorneys job security. A true marriage is the relationship. Good Luck sweetie.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 9:59 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• This is what I was told from some male friends of mine as well as my husband. If he doesn't propose by the 2nd year then he most likely isn't going to. i don't know if this applies to every male but I have been told this a few times by diffrent guys.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:45 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• 4 yrs i would probably tell him got put a ring on my hand or i'm gone.

until you know where you guys stand in the relationship then your not going to know what to do try and fix it or let it go.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 9:46 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• thanks i mean i dont even want a big ring i said a ring from walmart is fine with me but nope i past the rings n he is like kep walking im like r u kidding me and even when we got our taxes i thought mayb but no it was shit for him! i watched teen mom last nite and it made me cry cause i feel like he doesnt love me anymore that he is just with me beacuse and doesnt want anybody else to have me! is that a bad feeling or does it sound true?
    kolbysmama20

Comment by kolbysmama20 (original poster) at 9:49 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• what about pre-marital counsiling.. if it doesnt work maybe its time to find someone new just a thought
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Marriage is NOT a band aid if you feel this way now, your marriage will not last. Do not force anything you will regret in the long run and look back and say damn....the writing was on the wall.

Be strong, and make a choice and stick to it.
    BalooSkii

Answer by BalooSkii at 10:20 AM on Mar. 30, 2011