at what age.?

at what age do you teach a kid to ride a bike?

my parents got my toddler a bike for his bday, but he doesnt want to peddle it.. whats the best way to teach him?

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 11:27 AM on Nov. 28, 2008 in General Parenting

• My oldest learned to ride w/out training wheels when he was 4 1/2. His younger brother was about 3 1/2.... he is very bullheaded and wouldn't stop till he did it like his brother. I think they can learn to pedal sometime after their 2nd birthday. Dont push it, though. If he shows interest, show him where to put his feet and just keep doing it! Practice makes perfect!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:57 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• repeat....just put him on the bike and push him til he wants to peddle. that's what i did what my son and he loves riding a bike. it also helps if you have trainning wells to that way he won't tip over
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 11:30 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• repeat? i dont know if you meant i already posted this, but i havent! :D i havent been on all night! hehe. .anyhows thank you! :D
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 11:37 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Without training wheels or with? I take the training wheels off at 4(my older two were 5 but the last two were 4). They usually start riding the same year. It doesn't take too long to learn!
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:45 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Let him use his legs first. When he's ready he will pedal, they all do. Let him learn things at his own pace. Just bc he has legs you didn't make him start walking. You allowed him to start by crawling and when he was ready he began to walk. This is the same thing. Don't rush him.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:49 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• it has training wheels, he gets on it and he'll say PUSH! hehe. he wont take his helmet off so yeah. hehe. thanks you guys! :D
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 12:36 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• My 2 year old has a 3 wheeler and she tries so hard to peddle it but hasn't gotten it yet.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 1:49 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• That's about the right age to start teaching them, however you will need training wheels.
    Yve538

Answer by Yve538 at 1:58 PM on Nov. 28, 2008