Stay at home moms and pregnant

what ways to do you keep busy without over doing it?

annabelle092810

Asked by annabelle092810 at 9:52 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would nap when the kids rested - even if that meant putting a movie in for them, laying down on the couch, and they sat on top of me. :D Other then that, my days were pretty normal. I tired easily, but that is normal for pregnancy! :)
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:56 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• i rest when i need to and i work when i can. i have my other kids help and i look at pregnancy as a normal part of life and not a illness.

your body will tell you when you need to rest just listen to it.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 9:57 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• i would say make sure to keep active, because it helps with the fatigue and restlessness and frustration. but listen to your body. you'll definitely know when to take a break. i was still walking a couple miles with my two dogs and two kids when i was around 6 months pregnant, but towards the end i had to slow it down and only take the dogs. (i was walking to try to convince him he wanted to be born cuz i knew if he took his time he'd be huge like the other two! haha)

but overall, i think being out in the fresh air does wonders for your mood and the common annoyances of pregnancy :) good luck! enjoy while you can!
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 9:59 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I didn't become less active when I was pregnant. I am a stay at home mom, and I have three kids so taking it easy wasn't an option for me. I still had to do all of the things I would normally do, it just took me longer or made me more tired.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:06 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• This pregnancy, I've really just gone about my normal routine. I try not to overschedule us so I'm not running around like a crazy woman, but other than that I do all the same things I did before I was pregnant. If I notice I'm having frequent BH, I'll try to take more "rests." (Which usually means sitting and reading to the kids. If I notice my legs swelling, I'll just drink a lot of water and the swelling will go back down by the next day.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 10:38 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I just do what I would normally do if I wasnt pregnant....although I have added a few more naps to my routine lol....but my 4 yr old is actually a big help around the house and is very independent....I just have to tell her what I want her to do and she's pretty good to do it herself...I even have her help me clean up the living room. =)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:41 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Light cleaning, organizing and napping
    AllThatBabyJazz

Answer by AllThatBabyJazz at 11:54 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Rest when you can.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 1:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I take my daughter to play places & parks so that she can play & I can rest. I also rest/nap when she does. I do a little bit of housework each day instead of overworking myself.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 3:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2011