SD and new baby coming

My DH and his ex wife have joint custody of my SD and she goes back and forth every other week. Her DM just had a baby girl a little over a month ago and since I have found that when she is over at the our home she is very into attention. I understand that she probly does not get it as much as she use to at her DM home. My DH and I are expecting our 1st child together and we try very hard to keep my SD involved with everything we do. How do I handle my SD constant need for attention when my hormones are raging and I am so irritable. I do not mean to sound harsh and if I do please do not take it that way. I love my SD with all my heart and I will always be here for her. But lately she craves attention and accomplishment from us. When ever she does anything she has to get gratification of knowing that she has told me what she has done and wants to know that she has done a good job. She is searching for compliments from us. It is a side of her that I just have not seen and I think because my hormones are going insane I am just over whelmed with it all. What can I do?
What can I do also to make sure she never feels that way when she is here once the baby comes??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• Just keep doing what your doing,, I would have special day with her a couple of times a month, she is probably just feeling a bit left out,, and at least she wants your apporval,,,I know it is hard when you have lots of hormones going around, but you sound like a great step mom,, and just try to keep her involved!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:11 AM on Mar. 30, 2011