Stores with Entrances and Exits

We have a few stores in our area that the entrance and exit doors are separate and you have to walk through through the check-out area just to get to the exit door. I understand the logistics of the separation, but I absolutely hate it when I don't purchase anything, but still have to walk all the way around and look for a register without customers so that I can just get out of the store. More often than not, I'm muttering under my breath (often loud enough for others to hear) that they trap you in there until you buy something.

Does anyone else think that stores are making it more difficult to leave without buying anything?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 10:03 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Shopping

• Yup they do it on purpose, just like a lot of stores put the restroom near the toy section so you can't do a potty run without passing through.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 1:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I think they are just trying to make it harder to steal something.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:04 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• It's a security/shrink issue. You can always refuse to walk out the exit door, they cannot force you to do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Dialogue with the store manager, make request that have an exit entrance near the entrance door for the
    convenience of their customer.
    Sew-sun

Answer by Sew-sun at 3:01 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Welcome to The United Corporations Of America.
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 6:21 PM on Mar. 31, 2011