Breast feeding baby doll? Have you seen this doll?

looks cool, I do not know if I would buy it. But if I was a mom with a new baby and had a little girl and she wanted to breast feed like me than maybe.

What do you think?

gammie

Asked by gammie at 10:08 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think it is cool. I would buy it.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:11 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• While I have no problem with my child mimicking breastfeeding a doll I, personally, am a littl weird about my DD wearing a vest with 'nipples' for the baby doll to 'latch' with. I prefer she just hole the doll up to her chest and pretend. I have no idea why I feel this way but I do.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:13 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I think it's a bit ridiculous. Can't a child hold any old doll up to her chest? Even a stuffed bear? Why must you have that doll? My daughter nursed all her toys.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:36 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• This is the 3rd time I've seen a question about this doll today! wow!

Personally, I think it's rediculous. If a child wants to pretend to breastfeed, I have no issue with that, but they can use any doll to do it. To make a doll specifically for that purpose though seems a little much to me.
    I said earlier that it seems like people SAY they want kids to stay kids and keep thier innocence and whatnot, but when they get them a doll like this, and let them wear shoes with heels, and what about those bikinis....I have to wonder. It seems like some people jsut want them to be tiny adults and it's kinda sad
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:42 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Can't we let our children have an imagination...let them figure things out on there own instead of putting directions on a doll to breastfeed it??? I agree with mompam...why not a regular doll....if your daughter gets the idea her own to do it versus the pictures on the package it means so much more!!!
    michcous

Answer by michcous at 10:53 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I am aware it has no literal nipples but it has little flowers to indicate where the nipples would be.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:18 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I think NO WAY will my DD have this doll!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:13 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• i'm all about breastfeeding and think the stigma is absurd, but for some reason this weirds me out... don't know why... but i'm glad i have all boys so i don't have to think about it! haha
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 10:18 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Never heard out it..WOW
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I don't know if I would buy it. I do know that when I was breastfeeding my youngest, my oldest would often mimick me with her baby dolls. Hmm...I really don't know how I feel about it, lol.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:59 AM on Mar. 30, 2011