How do I lose 60 Lbs

I managed to only gain 25 lbs while i was pregnant. I lost it during the first 3 months. Now 14 months after i gave birth, I gained 60 lbs. I need good advice on how to loose it.

Please help i can barely walk - i'm 5-6 and 210 lbs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Diet and exercise is the best way, I have also heard that wii fit is excellent. As soon as I give birth to my 2nd in January we will be investing in wii fit.
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 7:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Exercise - It might be hard to start but U can do it girl - start off easy by just going for walks, while pushing baby in a stroller. Try just 10 mins. a day and work up from there - kids sleep better too if they get fresh air. Before you know it you will be addicted to those endorphins.
    Bogi

Answer by Bogi at 7:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Exercise. I need to lose 30 to 40 pounds myself. I found a local gym that has a great family friendly atmosphere and a daycare. There are people of all shapes, sizes, and ages there and my little girl loves the play area. I know she's safe and having fun and can exercise. I find the break from "toddler care" relaxing.

Keep a food diary. If you right down everything you eat and drink you are much more likely to lose weight and will actually lose much more than if you don't keep a diary.

Weigh yourself once a week - no more. Try not to stress about the number, concentrate on how you look and feel. Do you have a little more energy? Is an annoying achy pain gone today? Did you have to hitch up your pants all day long? Those are the things that matter.

If you want, you can send me a "freind request" and we can help encourage each other.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• You're about the same height as me... so according to our BMI, we should eat between 1825 and 1950 calories a day to lose weight. Exercise is the best way to lose weight, but counting calories helps. Stop buying junk food & snack on carrots and fruit instead. Drink LOTS and LOTS of water & make sure you're getting enough sleep.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Accountability is huge. Find support. That is #1 in weight loss for myself personally and I have lost 55lbs.
    DreamnBigEliza

Answer by DreamnBigEliza at 7:52 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Turn your tv onto a great dance channel or even fittv. Start this first if you can't get yourself out of the house to walk. You can dance while you clean. JUST KEEP MOVING. Build your metabolism up. Check out some of my postings in our MOMMY MAKEOVERS group.
    PlasticSurgeon

Answer by PlasticSurgeon at 1:51 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Fit in exercise any little way that you can! The little extra steps and moves add up and definitely make a difference. I wrote about some of the ways I fit it in on my Prevention Buzz Blog - http://buzz.prevention.com/community/emily09/the-sneaky-fit-plan
    healthygirl0913

Answer by healthygirl0913 at 8:59 PM on Sep. 2, 2008