Do any other SAHM have trouble staying focused; what do you do to get things done?

neubren3

Asked by neubren3 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I write a Daily Hit List. It's broken down into different "departments" of things I have to deal with every day, and then I write the tasks in the appropriate dept. It's just an organized To Do list, really. And coffee. I self-medicate my moderate ADD by mainlining caffeine.
    SusanTheWriter

Answer by SusanTheWriter at 10:44 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I have an awful time staying focused. I have ADD though so I start things often and forget to finish them... I am about to get myself a chore chart. lol
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 10:41 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Yes, I seem to have that issue. I just seem to make myself do it. Laundry, dishes etc....Good luck
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I work room by room, then I don't lose focus on what I'm doing. I also do laundry after the house is all clean, then I can just focus on that, and not worry about having to take care of other things.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:38 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I totally hear you! Sometimes I really don't get anything done. If I am feeling really lazy I pick one project (dishes) and I get up on every commercial until its done and pick something else. Most times, I finish the project once I get off my bum. Be happy about small accomplishments.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 10:38 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Susan, I do too, but I'm pregnant again so I cant consume as much as i used to. Its really inconvinient.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 10:56 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I include my son in the house work. He is at his helpful stage when he wants to be part of whatever I'm doing. If I have to sweep he holds the dust pan for me. If I'm folding laundry he sorts it for me into shirts and pants and who they belong to. If I'm doing laundry, he hands me clothes and I let him pour in the soap once I've measured it. He just loves to be a part of the housework and that makes it fun for both of us. :)
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 10:58 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Thank you! Those with ADD, I'm there with you. I suppose I could have mentioned that. I do mainline coffee (must make a new pot), and I've worked with lists. I think I'll go back to the list again, it was the most effective.
    neubren3

Comment by neubren3 (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Mar. 30, 2011