Depression?

I'm not sure what's wrong w me. I'm feeling depressed and out of control. I've had to let my son cry in his bed cause at the moment I couldn't deal w anymore! I love my son and would never harm him but lately I've been not feeling like myself. Please Help. I know I'm passed the postpartum. This is real and how I've been feeling! Oh my baby is 15 months old...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Perhaps, maybe you need a break away. Maybe get a sitter and try to do something for you..
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• You haven't "passed the postpartum" yet. You could still have postpartum depression. See a therapist (to talk to, not someone that will just give you drugs and send you on your way) about it.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:47 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Get an appointment with a psychiatrist.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:51 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Positive feed only, please!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:59 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My son is my life! I love is so much and have waited a long time to be a mommy. So please before you comment know that this is something that is killing me.I don't want my son in his bed but if that means to keep him safe I will. I've been a caregiver for decades and I know that something is wrong w my body/hormones. Thank you for any positive advise!!! I've told my dr.all that I posted and she put me on birth control to see if that helps.that was three weeks ago.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:05 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• find a new hobby, a friend to talk to, look at old pictures and scrapbooks (that usually brings a smile, if you don't have one start one). go window shopping.... do something for yourself, do something that makes you feel useful.

hon. if you need to talk PM me any time.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 11:08 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Everybody needs a break, and it sounds like you need one now! I'd also make an appointment to see the doc- child-bearing can really mess up a woman's hormones(I know because I've had 4 kids in the past 8 years, and my hormones are all out of whack! lol)! Good luck, Momma!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:27 AM on Mar. 30, 2011