We just found out yesterday that we are definitely having a girl! YAY!! What do you think of the name Addysen? What is your favorite name?

Brandi300

Asked by Brandi300 at 10:53 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Baby Names

• Congrats!! That's a great name!! My girls names are Audrey Alyssa and Peyton Sophia. Addison was on our list when we were thinking of names as well. I LOVE the name Chloe, but hubby felt that was too common. Just keep in mind when spelling a name a special way, that it will prob. be misspelled by a lot of people. That can be frustrating for both you and your dd. A lot of people spell my dd's name w/ an 'a' instead of an 'e'. (Payton, instead of Peyton) In the end all that matters is what you want to name her and how you want to spell it though!! :) Best wishes!!!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 11:04 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• why spell it so differently?

Why not just Addison? I find it annoying when people take perfectly fine names & try to spell it differently to try & be more unique. It's a great name, i just suggest to spell it correctly.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:01 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I like Addison spelled the traditional way much better. Addysen looks like you're just trying to make something up to be special. Also, keep in mind that she most like will end up being called Addi or Addy, so weigh out how you feel about that as well.

My favorite girls names are Anastasia and Evangeline, which happen to be my 2 daughters :-)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:56 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• don't worry some people just don't like different spellings. i think however you want to spell it is up to you, as long as the different spelling doesn't make it difficult to figure out how to pronounce it, and i can tell right away how to pronounce it your way. i spelled my son's name Rowen instead of Rowan... i couldn't tell you why... it just looked better for a boy to me so i went with it. here and there people spell it with an A but i think he'll be able to deal :)
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 11:13 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I see what you mean but I didn't make it up lol. And I love Addy so I wouldn't mind that at all. Maybe Adysen would be okay too though.
    Brandi300

Comment by Brandi300 (original poster) at 10:59 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• When we spell her nickname would we spell it Ady then?
    Brandi300

Comment by Brandi300 (original poster) at 11:00 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Lol it is spelled with a Y too. Seriously look it up. I didn't make it up...
    Brandi300

Comment by Brandi300 (original poster) at 11:03 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Spell her name and nickname however you want to spell it!! That's what is great about being her mother, you get to make those decisions. And I have seen it spelled that way in baby books. :)
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 11:09 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Addison is my niece's middle name.
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Thanks HappyEndings :)
    Brandi300

Comment by Brandi300 (original poster) at 11:11 AM on Mar. 30, 2011