This is TMI but I really need to know! re: Mucus Plug adult content

I heard the mucus plug looks like a glob of snot.......I have had pains this morning and I just went to the bathroom. There has been a lot of pressure but it was hard to go so i had to push hard and i cramped in my lower abdomen and my vajayjay feels like it is being stretched. When I was finished the toilet paper was soaked in clear stuff that looked just like a lot of ejaculation. Is this my mucus plug???? It didn't have blood in it but now i am cramping a lot more.

Also I did have intercourse 3 nights ago - maybe it was just now coming out????? Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Vaginal secretions increase during pregnancy. It very well could just be that. The mucus plug can reestablish itself if it WAS the mucus plug. If you are having any other signs of labor call your provider, but otherwise, chalk it up to pregnancy stuff. I had stuff like that all through both of my pregnancies. When I DID lose my mucus plug, it wasn't bloody either, though, just much thicker than my usual (and heavy lol) secretions.

Keep an eye on it, but don't panic :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• How far along are you? If you're close to your due date, it could be. I'd be more concerned w/ the pressure and cramping. I'd call the doctor and see what he/she thinks.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 11:16 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Vaginal discharge during pregnancy is normal. Your mucus plug should look like snot with some pink in it or some streaks of blood. Cramping is also normal as are Braxton Hicks contractions which you could be having. The can start around 26 wks and continue through the pregnancy. It is your bodies way of getting ready for labor.
    I lost my mucus plug with my kids anywhere from 3 weeks before to one week before, it was not for me a sign of labor being an any moment thing.

Answer by gemgem at 11:41 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I am only 33 1/2 weeks and my first son tried to come early twice and eventually came at 35 weeks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:22 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• call the dr.. it doesnt sound normal. my mucous plug had blood on it , but i only lost that after having an internal being 40 weeks 3 days.
    get some help, dont want to be in pain .

goodluck
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I would call the doc if you are passing mucus and your contractions are picking up. It is normal have a mucusy discharge in the last trimester (which is indeed shedding the mucus plug) but what you are describing could possibly be preterm labor and it's safer to see the doc right away if it is.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I would call the doctor. The mucus plug usually has some red or brownish tinge to it.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 1:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2011