Why so negative?

A friend of mine is extremely negative in every posting on her Facebook. I took advantage of the privacy settings and she is now hidden from my feed. She has such a blessed life.

Why do you suppose people are so negative when they have a nice, quiet, and peaceful life?

pookiekins34

Asked by pookiekins34 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• attention...she is bored
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 11:18 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Because they are not happy, even with having everything anyone could want. Being rich or having lots of stuff dosnt equal happiness. So many people think they would just be so happy if they had all the stuff they wanted, and it's just not true.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:13 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• From your viewpoint she has a "blessed" and "nice, quiet, and peaceful" life. How you are viewing it and how it really is can easily be two completely different things. She could be suffering from Depression or something of the like. Plus some people are just programmed to not be easily able to find the positives in life.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:16 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• It is for attention that they do that in my opinion. I have a friend like that too. I think it is her only means of getting attention in her mind. I find it disgusting too. It is okay at first, but enough is enough!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:12 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• they may not have a nice quiet peaceful life, its only what you percieve it to be nice peaceful and quiet,. my life wasnt bad yet suffering from depression, i thought my life was worth ending on many occasions when in reality i knew my life was not half as bad as others i knew around me. maybe she has depression or some other mental illness or she may just be looking for attention. people that post negative comments on facebook usually just want attention, but saying that not all of them do. that is like saying a self harmer (cutter) is attention seeking. it is not.
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 11:14 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• is it that she is not happy,maybe she needs 2 find a hobby 2 keep her mind occupied
    bev885

Answer by bev885 at 11:16 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• We talk regularly. She will be the first to tell you how happy she is and how she is lucky to have an easy going life. I was using her as an example. Really an "in general" type question I am asking.
    pookiekins34

Comment by pookiekins34 (original poster) at 11:19 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Some people are just negative, some do it for attention. And honestly, you don't really know that she has a quiet, peaceful life. You assume that from the outside looking in, but who knows what goes on behind closed doors or when you're not around that she doesn't tell you about?

I have a friend that was cheating on her hubby and posting it all over facebook. Now she's posting about her broken heart. I just hid her from my newsfeed like you did, and if/when I want to know what's up with her, then I go to her profile and check it out. Otherwise, i just don't worry about it.

Just let it go. Regardless of why she's doing it, just ignore it and it won't affect you. If she starts calling you or showing up to complain, then you can tell her you really can't listen or whatever.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:26 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Well, some is for attention, but some of it may be that she just doesn't see all the good she has in her life! I agree with your decision to block her from your view.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:39 AM on Mar. 30, 2011