"How old is she?" Oops...

We were at the dentist office yesterday in the waiting room and a conversation between me and another mom with her daughters there started up. She asked me how old DD was and, without even thinking, I said 4. Immediately DD runs up to me from the kiddie table and yells "I'M NOT FOUR, I'M FIVE!!" She was right...she is 5...has been 5 for almost two months.

I made my correction and apologized to both her and the lady, but wow...was I embarrassed. Please tell me that I'm not the only one who has forgotten how old my kid is!

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 11:12 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• This probably won't be the only time you make the mistake of forgetting, lol, I have done it a few times in the 24 yrs I have been parenting
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 11:17 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• haha, I have done that too
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 11:14 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• It happens to the best of us. Your life is busy and you forgot. No biggie, Worse is calling your kid every name but theirs, when trying to get their attention. Like, "stop it right now, suzy, debbie, I mean Kathy, no, Pam!!"
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:16 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My daughter turned 6 two months ago and I can't tell you how many times she has corrected me. No big deal, you just have had a year's practice saying "Four years old." It is like the change of the year, when we sometimes write the old year in the checkbook from time to time for the first few months...well, at least I do!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:14 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• any time I fill out papers for DD I put her birth date as 2008 and it was 2007. I even screwed this up on her state medical application and delayed the whole process. You would think I would know what year she was born. I blame it on the fact that it was *Almost* 2008 lol. Only 5 days short of it
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:16 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I do it. Usually I round up a month or two before bdays. I will say shes 6, and this last year she said no Im not, Im still 5.

Answer by gemgem at 11:24 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• lol my twins just turned 5 in feb and i do that all the time
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 11:27 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Yes I have done that! I felt like a dork. I also am constantly calling my daughter "Jabby" a combination of her name with her brothers first letter out front. I blame it on being tired all of the time!! lol I'm not perfect!! =)
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2011