Can I have Crystal Light in my water when pregnant?

spagirl0426

Asked by spagirl0426 at 11:21 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Artificial sweeteners are not good for you or the baby.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:21 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I wouldnt. The fake sugar is known to cause all sorts of health problems. Why take the chance with the unborn child?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:22 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I don't see why not. If you're concerned about risks to baby, then drinking pop, coffee, eating potato chips, having a piece of cake, etc are no-no's too.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 11:24 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I drink it all the time... myob said its fine.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 11:29 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• In moderation of course...
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 11:30 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Everything in moderation is what my doctor told me! I wouldnt sit down and have 12 of them or anything like that. But if you have 1-2 there isnt a problem. I drank them with my last baby and she is perfectly healthy.

Answer by gemgem at 11:37 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• i know this is going to get voted down and i don't care...

it's really funny how doctors promote bad eating happens for pregnant women. i'm saying this because i know a woman that her OB told her that drink all the cokes she wanted during pregnancy was because it has water in it too. which is about the same lines as a OB saying fake sugar is safe.

like the first ladies said fake sugar is bad for everyone pregnant or not. it's worse the real un-refined sugar.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 12:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• If you're unsure, check with the OB. I'm sure it would be fine in moderation though.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 12:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• In moderation yea it's OK. Not the best for you, but better then not drinking enough. You can also use real fruit to flavor your water, like lemon or orange slices in a picture of water and let it set in the fridge overnight!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I would check with your doctor.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 1:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2011