Did you take anyone with you to your doctor's appointments?

My mom, mother in law and husband all want to go to our next appt when we find out the sex of our baby. I told the mom's they would have to wait in the waiting area and my husband and I would be the one's in the room. What do you think I should do?

spagirl0426

Asked by spagirl0426 at 11:22 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Someone was always with me because I was on bedrest and wasn't allowed to drive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• i went by myself to all of mine except when we found out the sex of the baby (both pregnancies) then my dh was the only one who went with me....my ob only allows one perso besides the patient in there ayways
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:25 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My ex couldn't make it to those appts. I had my 2 friends with me at the time. It's actually fun having people to celebrate that moment but if you aren't comfortable with it then don't do it! Congrats and let us know what you are having! I'm so excited for you!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:26 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• For regular appointments is all depended really. Some times I did take one of my kids with me, or my dh would go. For ultrasounds again, usually just dh & one time I also had 3 of the kids with us too.

Answer by gemgem at 11:27 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My husband was the only one who came with me to all the appointments.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 11:28 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Thank you everyone. I didn't know if there was like a protocol of how many people should be going with us. This is our first baby. My friend said she thought it was weird to include both mom's. I want to include my mother in law so I invited her to our next appointment when we find out and told my mom she could come too. My parents will be grandparents for the first time. My mother in law is already a grandma but has no other family but us. All her relatives have passed away. I just didn't want to leave her out. I just thought it would be fun if my husband and I went into the room and saw what we were having first and then I could let them come in the room afterwards.
    spagirl0426

Comment by spagirl0426 (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My husband and my 2 daughters will be with me when I find out what we are having. They have gone to all my doctors appts also. My oldest loves finding the baby's heartbeat :) the doctor let's her do it every visit.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:31 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My dh went to every appointment and my mom was there for one ultrasound.

Do what YOU want it's YOUR body.
    AllThatBabyJazz

Answer by AllThatBabyJazz at 11:40 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I think it would be a little weird if they were coming to all your appointments, but it is nice to include them where you are finding out the sex as long as you and DH are both comfortable with that. It really varied who came to what appointments. DH came to some, some/all of the kids came to some, some I went to by myself. DH and all the kids came for the ultrasound which was a little zooey but the tech was terrific about it. My mom came to one appointment because she had some reservations about our choice of a home birth, and I really wanted her to talk to my midwife to alleviate her concerns (which was important to me so I could count on her for help with the other kids and not have her stressed out the whole time).
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Most places only allow 1 person in with you and MAYBE your kids if you brought them....but you said 1st baby lol......good luck! So EXCITING!
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 2:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2011