Has anyone had an announcement party?

I was thinking of having an annoucnement party and having the grandpa's to be cut the cake and the middle of the cake would either be blue or pink inside and that would tell everyone if we are having a boy or girl. Does this sound like a good idea? I just wanted to do something different and creative.

spagirl0426

Asked by spagirl0426 at 11:24 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Instead of a baby shower? Then it sounds fine. But it seems like a grab for gifts if you do both.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:24 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• OMG thats too cute!!!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 11:27 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Oh no! Its not for me. Its a party for the grandparents to be. My parents will be grandparents for the first time. I just wanted to get everyone together for a good time so they can celebrate being grandparents and to announce if we're having a boy or girl. I just don't want to post on facebook. I think in person would be better. No gifts party.
    spagirl0426

Comment by spagirl0426 (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Then it sounds great!
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:28 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• This is a pretty big trend over the last year or so, I think. My BIL & SIL did this. They actually had the u/s tech seal it in an envelope and took it straight to the bakery. They didn't even know until they cut the cake! Unfortunately, we missed the party because I was busy giving birth to mine! Ha! :-)
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• No, I didn't
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 1:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• sounds very cute
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 3:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2011