Is working and by 2:00pm everyday I get really tired. What can I do to get some energy?

I've been staying away from candy and caffeine and drinking lots of water. But it seems like every day at 2pm I am about to crash. Any ideas?

spagirl0426

Asked by spagirl0426 at 11:26 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Eat a high energy snack about 1:30 like granola or fresh fruit to help. Otherwise have some coffee or caffeine. DONT use those 5 hour energy things or red bull. That stuff will kill you.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:28 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I had the same issue. I tried to make SURE I spent my lunch eating a good healthy quick meal and then putting my feet up and closing my eyes. Even if it was in my car!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:30 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Granola and fresh fruit. I haven't tried those yet. I'll try that today. Thanks! Oh and putting my feet up and taking a nap. Been there. I think that's what makes me even more tired. Thanks mommies!
    spagirl0426

Comment by spagirl0426 (original poster) at 11:35 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• i get tired if i include bread or meat in my lunch. instead, eat a plate of veggies or a bowl of salad (with minimal or no dressing) and then have a piece of fruit around 2:30, which is when you'll probably start to get hungry again. you eat more healthy meals and snacks that way but your energy level never peaks or plummets. i hate those energy drink commercials because they are so misleading, even on really poor sleep (i have chronic insomnia), the right lunch and early-in-the-day food choices are what give you the right energy, not coffee and not artificial energy shots.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 11:44 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Take naps on your lunch break and your 10 min breaks. Thats what I did. Good Luck !
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 11:46 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Get up an walk a bit too in addition to the food changes. If you can slip outside for a couple of minutes, that's ideal but otherwise just walk around the office. Moving makes a big difference.
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Try (if you can) to go outside for just a few minutes to help wake you up.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 3:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2011