Subchorionic hemorrhage - aka placenta bleeding 9 weeks prego

I had a gush (literally a gush) of red blood yesterday morning and then almost nothing the rest of the day. of course, i called my doc right away and i was scheduled for an ultrasound. Since my doctors office doesn't do ultrasounds on Tuesdays I had to go to another place. the doc there told me that I had a little bleeding around the placenta.

Im waiting for my doc to review the results and call me. In the meantime, im going nuts! Just wondering if anyone else has gone through it. what was the outcome? bedrest?

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 11:30 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had the same exact thing at 12 weeks. I went in & they did an internal ultrasound & saw the heartbeat & all was well. My Son is now 4. I am sure everything will be fine for you too. GL :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:55 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My dd had that happen with her second pregnancy, she was also around 9 weeks. They sent her home and told her not to do alot and wait to see if the bleeding continued, and if it got heavier she was supposed to go to the ER. Eventually though it stopped & she had some brown blood (old blood) but that was it. My granddaughter was born perfectly healthy. I know that is not always the outcome, but in this one case other then scaring my dd and myself an awful lot, it was the only significant problem we had with her last pregnancy.

Answer by gemgem at 11:32 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I bled for 4 weeks with my daughter and was alright. Subchorionic hemorrhage is pretty normal. If you saw a heartbeat and it was above 100 bpm the chances of miscarriage goes down drastically, even if you're bleeding.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:39 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Oh, wanted to say, bedrest is NOT evidence based to help keep a pregnancy. It makes no difference on whether you will miscarry or not. A lot of doctors still recommend it, though, because it makes women feel better to have something they can do to try to help, but really, all it does is allow your muscles to atrophy. Not worth it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:41 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Honey, you posted this last night to. You are going to make yourself crazy! You are going to hear things that make you even more nervous by coming on here. You are going to be okay! Put your feet up, and find a good movie and order some take out! Relax. Hang in there! :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I hope everything turns out fine for you. Try to relax that is the best thing you can do for your baby right now.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 1:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2011