Potty Training HOW TO?

Starting out? I have no patience, but I am doing my best not to get frustrated! my daughter is starting to cry when its time to go potty cuz she doesnt want to.. I take her to the potty every 5 mins and she is getting frustrated.. how can i make this fun and exciting for her to learn? With your experience did you ever put your child back in a diaper while potty training? Also, After an accident how did you do the clean up?? Thanks!

navajomama7

Asked by navajomama7 at 11:31 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Every 5 minutes is way too often. Guides will tell you to do it every half hour maximum.

Not quite sure what you're asking about how to do the cleanup.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:38 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• k, for one, 5 minutes is way too short of a time, think about how much she drinks, does she have 8 cups in 5 minutes? then probably doesnt need to go that often,
    as for the cleanup, for one, use cleaning solution that is non toxic.
    and two, dont make a big deal out of it. just say "uhoh you went on the floor, you are supposed to go in the potty, lets go try again". and use a friendly soft voice.
    and lastly, i dont know how old she is, but if shes showing signs of not being ready, then dont force her. scaring her is the last thing you want to do.
    good luck!
    joshismyangel

Answer by joshismyangel at 11:58 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• POTTY TRAINING WAS HARD AT FIRST THEN GOT EASY DOWN THE WAY, MY OLDEST GOT IT RIGHT AWAY I REWARD HIM WITH DIFFERENT KINDS OF THINGS FROM COOKIES SWEETS TO TOYS HE WAS PIOTTY TRAINED AT 14 MONTHS RIGHT BEFORE I HAD MY 2ND SON, I DID THE SAME FOR 2ND CHILD HE IS POTTY TRAINED AT 15 MTHS OLD BEFORE I HAD MY 3RD CHILD JUST REWARD THEM STAY CALM SHOW THEM YOU WANT THEM TO GO POTTY.
    mbaca

Answer by mbaca at 12:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Try using cloth panties may help she may not like being wet and may start using the potty if she is ready.
    There's nothing wrong with putting diapers on at night till she is able to control her bladder.
    When she first gets up put on potty then if she goes reward her and give a lot of praise.
    I had my children wear cloth under pants with rubber pants, after a short time they hated being wet and would take them off.
    Slowly they got the idea of using the potty. I also took them when I went potty showed them left them flush potty and made a big deal
    of it. Made it fun for them. Also there are some good books-toys that help show- teach them how now. Just don't make her afraid of the potty. Also you can get the potty seats that go on the big potty some like it better being able to go like mommy. My babies are parents now with babies. Don't stress out ,clean up mess with out a big deal and make potty time a fun time.
    SassyDee01963

Answer by SassyDee01963 at 12:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• i am having the same problems with my 2 almost 3 year old daughter she wants nothing to do with the potty so i feel for ya!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2011