Dirty looking nails?

I have finally been able to let my nails grow out. They look dirty though, I have washed them and cleaned out from in under them. They still look yellow and dirty. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Wash a load of dishes with dawn hand renewal. If that doesn't work, try soaking them in a cup with vinegar. If THAT doesn't work, Walmart/Target has little nail manicure blocks, sand them down according to the block's instruction, and put a clear coat polish on them!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:37 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• If they're yellow it's because they were polished recently and it discolored the nails. Try soaking them in olive oil.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:37 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I always heard lemon juice works well for that
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 11:48 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• They make sprecial nail bleach at your local beauty store. You can also get a french manicure or a kit to do it yourself at home.
    CHarlan

Answer by CHarlan at 12:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2011