Does anyone have a friend who always want to talk about money?

I have a friend and everytime she and I talk she is always saying how much money she has and makes (most she received from a death in the family) , how much her house costs, posting on fb all the things she and her husband buys or the things he buys her. I hate to see her number when she calls. She is always asking me to do things with her or go out with her and her bourgeois ass friends. My huband and I are just making ends meet. I have said to her I do not want to hear about it but it goes in one ear and out of the other. I have known her for years but I am getting really tried of hearing it HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• People like that NEVER have as much as they say they do. If you have to talk about it, it's probably not there...

Also,I have a SIL who does that. Oh I don't work. I don't have to. I would never let daycare raise my kids. My dead husbands ssi, my husband makes so much money, I don't wear anything under $200, bla bla bla. She came down for a visit wearing bike shorts and a hideous wolf shirt, and filled the shower with cheap items like VO5 and Suave.. Which I find hilarious seeing as we aren't rich and we won't touch that stuff. Oh yeah, her home ownership...a doublewide.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I have a friend who kinda does that.. she will call to brag about all the new stuff she has and then she cries because she has no money. we are so broke that going to the movies is out of our budget. you'll just have to keep telling her or start talking about how broke you are and give her an ear full. Ive actually had to yell at my friend and hang up on her a few times because she wouldn't listen
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:47 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Having the money might be new to her so she is showing off, or just acting like she has new money. It is what is interesting to her right now, it should wear off in time though.

Answer by gemgem at 11:47 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• She has always had the money and very spoiled but it just gets on my last nerves I try to change the subject but then she goes into the vacations they are teking with the kids and how much it costs to do the renovations on the house. I just sometimes ingnore her call but then she will email me
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:52 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• I am not showing my screen name because she is on here as well, I don't wand to hurt her feelings it would be funny if she posted to this post
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:54 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• LOL @ Musicmom80's story, that did make me laugh. I agree with most everyone else, a lot of the time when things seem "perfect" from the outside (or when people try to make it LOOK perfect), they are hiding serious problems on the inside. I would just do my best to ignore her if she won't listen to you when you tell her to stop. Honestly, that may be all she knows how to talk about and it may be just the way she is, doesn't mean you have to listen. If she calls, ignore it. If she emails you, don't read it. She may not realize it, but she's making herself look like an ass. Really, who posts how much they spend or make on facebook? I think she just wants attention.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Just because people spend money doesn't always mean they have it.....lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 30, 2011