Does this make me a cold hearted b*tch?

Ok so me and DH seperated for 6 months because we got evicted outta our apt and I moved 6 hrs away got a job and started working. Then, I moved back in December because he had a friend who said she would watch our kids well after a month she told me in a text while I was at work she won't be watching them anymore because her grandpa was sick so I had to quit my job. Nowwwwwwww she wants me to watch her kids and take care of them while she stays at the hospital all day waiting for her grandpa to die (I think) either that or she is sick and wants me to watch them like last week when DH was on vacation she had her kids come over and stay til her DH got off work at 7 because she was sick and needed to rest. Man WHEN I'm SICK I STILL HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF MY KIDS! UGH! I have dealt with death before my mom died when I was 21 and I still had responsibilities to take care of! DH thinks I'm mean because I don't want to watch her kids. Her kids are older than mine and bring the worst out in my 2! Oh and btw we were paying $130/ a week for watching my kids!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Mar. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes, it makes you a bad friend and a cold hearted bitch.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• ummm, why are you watching this lady's kids again? don't do it, especially if it's costing you money and making your life miserable
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 11:45 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• If her kids bring the worst out in your two and even YOU don't want to watch them all together, then you should probably understand why she doesn't want to either.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:45 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• it doesnt make you a bitch i have four kids that even when im sick there is noone to take care of them. its a part of being a mom and if you dont want to watch her kids you dont need the stress of it. im sure you have more stressful things to do with just your children then to add hers on as well
    angeleyz375

Answer by angeleyz375 at 11:47 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• My kids were good for her when she watched them and her kids were usually in school when she watched them
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Her kids her responsibility. You're not cold hearted.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:54 AM on Mar. 30, 2011

• If you can't and dont want to.. then dont do it.. Yes we all have our hard times and we all cope with a loss of a family member, but thats what a mother is being all about dealing with everyday tasks and still being there for your kids. You can be sympathetic and let her know that youre sorry she is going through quite an ordeal. She will be a little mad but she can always find another sitter!
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 12:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Does she pay YOU money to watch her kids?

If she does, then that's money in your pocket. If she doesn't, tell her off and that you won't watch her kids w/o monetary compensation for doing so because your children don't get along.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Nah she's not going to pay me....the thing that gets me is she said she is going to take her daughter w/her to the hospital but last night she said that kids weren't allowed over there but she plans on bringing her over here after she takes her to the hospital. She might as well keep her over at the hospital cuz of gas.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• no i don't think it makes you cold hearted ! I know where your comin from! I had a friend and i watched her kids for free but when i started working and i asked her to watch mine i had to pay her and than she got tired of watching them after a couple of months so i ended up having to put them into daycare!!!!!!!!
    merry72

Answer by merry72 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2011